Thursday, June 5, 2008

in recovery...

Ok, now it's hurry up and wait. My boy became a Tripawd today. His surgery took 2 hours and I know I won't sleep tonight. Tomorrow I get to see him in the afternoon. I'm sure he's feeling sucky now, but in a few days will hopefully feel better for the first time in weeks. After the new x-rays this morning, we discovered his leg bone had already fractured, something we were trying to prevent. Though seen and diagnosed yesterday and rushed into surgery this morning, I still feel horrible at the pain he had to go through, that this dumb human (oh, we are SO-o-o intelligent and intuitive creatures...gag!) didn't notice sooner!

It makes you wonder if indeed animals are angels put here to show us what it is to be human, and it's not always a pretty sight.

The cancer had spread so fast in only two weeks..the Dr. used the word "hot", so it's likely it could be elsewhere, so chemo is scheduled for 2 weeks from today.

Now to heal.

No comments: